Sunday, March 22, 2009

Script to set all pdf bookmarks to zoom: inherit

When you create a bookmark in Acrobat, it automaticly sets the current zoom setting to te bookmark. This may be smart and sweet for someone, but to me it's stupid and annoying. Since when I read a file in a large screen, I want a greater zoom, while on a smaller screen, I wanna save space and see more content; setting a zoom for bookmarks screws things up. Finally I found {a great perl script} that can convert all pdf bookmark to zoom: inherit.

Use the bookmarks-fitpage.pl script from the zip, which set all bookmarks to zoom: inherit (the script is named as fitpage, which is a bit confusing...)

Notice that the script only works for PDF version 1.4 or earlier, if you're using Acrobat 9, you can convert the file to pdf-1.4 (Acrobat 5) by going to menu: advanced>print production>preflight, the wizard will do a nice convert job for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment